The core activity of the Riverside Centre is running accessible and affordable drop-in Youth Clubs three nights a week where groups of 9-17 year-olds, mostly from Pershore, come to socialise, relax in their own space, or get involved as much as they wish to:
Our focus is firmly on providing positive activities based on the individuals who attend.
- We offer practical ways to gain confidence and skills, through water sports, cooking and other life-skill sessions.
- We work in partnership with local colleges and companies to inform, inspire and encourage the youngsters to look to their futures, try new things and broaden their training or job opportunities.
- Uniquely, we have an independent councillor on hand weekly for young people in need of additional support.
- We support them to feel part of their local Pershore community through being involved in events, fundraising and young volunteer programmes.
- We host disability inclusion groups at the Centre and run projects involving local schools to bring the community together.
This year we have helped more than 50 young people to make a positive difference in their lives. Continuing and expanding this work to meet demand requires constant fundraising and promotion, bringing together our youth work expertise, the Centre’s amazing facilities and the wider Community.
If you would like to contact the Youth Work Team or to find out more about our activities please email email@example.com.