The team at Pershore Riverside Centre prides itself on running an exemplary service – safe, professional, friendly, forward looking, accessible and affordable for all. In order to do this, all staff, youth workers and visiting healthcare professionals are DBS checked and work within safeguarding protocols, industry-standard policies & procedures, National Youth Agency guidance and good practice, and Covid-19 regulations
Centre Manager Abi handles venue hire, room bookings, finances, facilities and publicity. Lead Youth Worker Brad heads a dedicated team of 9 sessional youth workers, including SEND specialists, a professional Counsellor, plus volunteers and student placements when available. Larissa, Bob and local tradespeople keep the building shipshape.
If you would like to contact the Youth Work Team or to find out more about our activities please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers are an invaluable part of Pershore Riverside Centre. We are very grateful to Martha (Counsellor), Graham (Website designer) & Kieran (Youth Worker) for their contributions.
Pershore Riverside Centre CIO (1156413) is run by 12 experienced and committed Trustees, with bi-monthly full meetings and regular sub-groups. The Trustees represent a wide section of the local community, including the County (2), District (1) and Town Councils (1), Pershore High School (1) and Churches Together in Pershore (1); alongside people who volunteer their business skills and other relevant experience to help to achieve the charity’s objectives. The CIO is dependent on fundraising events, grant applications, donations and small council grants to support the young people. The current board of trustees is:
- Liz Tucker (Chair, Operations Group & HR)
- David Greer (Company Secretary & Operations Group) Retired Solicitor
- Carol Draper (Treasurer & Operations Group) Accountant
- Rev Claire Lording (Safeguarding Champion & HR) Priest in Charge at Pershore Abbey, Churches Together in Pershore appointee
- Dan Boatright (HR) Teacher, Worcestershire County Council appointee
- Tony Rowley (Fundraising/Marketing) Wychavon District Council appointee
- Liz Turier Pershore Town Council appointee
- Phil Hanson Headteacher, Pershore High School appointee
- Andy Thornton (Property) Engineering Manager & member of Pershore Round Table
- Carol Christmas (Projects) Project Manager & Life Coach
- Richard Grantham Avon Navigation Trust
- Lindsay Thorne (HR) Retired teacher, SEND experience
Many thanks to retiring Trustee Rob Adams for his support over many years as Worcestershire County Council appointee.
We are also supported by the following contractors: Crimestop Security & Fire, CTS Fire, First Response Training, Karl Lawson Decorating, Malvern Outdoor Education, Qualitype Services, Smart Cuts, Wayne Holmes Electrical, Vale Heating, Young Solutions.